Cats are finicky eaters, and when they have a sensitive stomach, it can be difficult to find the right food. Fortunately, there are a variety of cat foods on the market that are specifically designed to help cats with sensitive stomachs. In this article, we’ll discuss the best cat food for sensitive stomachs and how to choose the right one for your pet.
What Causes Sensitive Stomachs in Cats?
Sensitive stomachs in cats can be caused by a variety of factors, including allergies, dietary intolerance, or an underlying medical condition. Allergies can cause digestive issues such as vomiting and diarrhea. Dietary intolerance is when a cat’s body cannot properly digest certain ingredients in their food. This can lead to digestive upset as well as other symptoms such as weight loss or poor coat condition. An underlying medical condition such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) or pancreatitis can also cause digestive issues in cats.
What Makes a Good Cat Food for Sensitive Stomachs?
When choosing a cat food for sensitive stomachs, it’s important to look for one that is made with high-quality ingredients and is free from common allergens such as wheat, corn, soy, and dairy products. It should also be low in fat and contain easily digestible proteins such as chicken or fish. Additionally, look for foods that contain prebiotics and probiotics which help support healthy digestion.
The Best Cat Foods for Sensitive Stomachs
There are many different types of cat foods on the market that are designed specifically for cats with sensitive stomachs. Here are some of our top picks:
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Gastrointestinal Low Fat Canned Cat Food: This canned food is formulated with easily digestible proteins and low fat content to help support healthy digestion in cats with sensitive stomachs.
- Hill’s Science Diet Sensitive Stomach & Skin Dry Cat Food: This dry food is made with high-quality ingredients and contains prebiotics and omega-6 fatty acids to help support healthy digestion.
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Formula Dry Cat Food: This dry food is formulated with highly digestible proteins and omega-3 fatty acids to help support healthy digestion.
- Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Diet Grain Free Canned Cat Food: This canned food is made without grains or common allergens which makes it ideal for cats with sensitivities.
Tips For Feeding Cats With Sensitive Stomachs
In addition to choosing the right cat food for your pet’s sensitive stomach, there are some other tips you can follow to ensure they get the nutrition they need while avoiding digestive upset:
- Feed small meals throughout the day: Cats with sensitive stomachs may benefit from eating smaller meals more frequently throughout the day rather than one large meal.
- Avoid table scraps: Table scraps should be avoided as they may contain ingredients that could trigger digestive upset.
- Monitor your cat’s health: It’s important to monitor your cat’s health closely if they have a sensitive stomach so you can identify any potential triggers or underlying medical conditions.
Finding the right cat food for your pet’s sensitive stomach can be challenging but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. By understanding what causes sensitive stomachs in cats and looking for foods that are specifically designed for them, you’ll be able to find one that meets their needs while avoiding any potential triggers. With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to find the best cat food for your pet’s sensitive stomach so they can enjoy all of their meals without any digestive issues!